Hogwarts Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A canon role play forum based on the Harry Potter series. We plan on living through the books, making Hogwarts come alive.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Role playing advice. Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosophers_Stone
OOC Cbox
Forum news
Welcome to Hogwarts Alive, a brand new RP based on the Harry Potter series. We are canon and will stay true to the books as much as possible. I will add in Hogwarts once we have at least 10 students, and year 1 will begin at this time. Albus Dumbledore
Latest topics
» X10i 3 0 1 G 0 75 CUST TW GENERIC 1233 7027 Zip
Role playing advice. Emptyby rambgavry Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 pm

» Devil May Cry Xmd.dll Missing
Role playing advice. Emptyby rambgavry Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:27 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 pm

» Deadly Crows: A Fairy Tale RPG
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:36 am

» Aterrima Weyr
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm

» Hogwarts Revolution
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 am

» Flames of Hogwarts Ice of Durmstrang
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:52 pm

» Half-Blood Hill
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 am

» ShadowHenge Academy
Role playing advice. Emptyby Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:43 pm

» Astoria Greengrass
Role playing advice. Emptyby Albus Dumbledore Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Role playing advice.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Albus Dumbledore
Admin

Role playing advice. Empty
PostSubject: Role playing advice.   Role playing advice. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:26 pm

So, to make things a bit better for the role playing experince I'd like to set out some lose guidlines for those new to this sort of role playing.

- When you create a thread, marking it open (Normally *open* or -open- or something along these lines) in the title allows anyone to reply, providing they would have access to this place canonly. (IE 3rd years and adults in Hogsmeade, Adults in Diagon Alley during term time). You can also mark it open to a certain group of people. Like *open to 1st years* for a class role playing thread.

PLEASE NOTE ANY THREADS WITHOUT WITHOUT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IN THE TITLE IN WILL BE CONSIDERED OPEN.

- Marking it for example *Closed for so-and-so* will mean the thread is open to them and them alone. If you see this with someone elses name, please respect that the group of members will probably have a storyline set out before they start out.

- Marking it -pm for invite- means you have to owl the owner of the thread to join in. You should have a relationship with the character, or have a good reason for being there or the owner will probably say no. These type of threads are rare though.

- *Invite only* means the owner of the thread can invite anyone into the thread. It's basically the same as the last one, but have respect and understand it's probably a pre planned group thread.

Knowing where to post.

Where you post is a bit of an issue on some forums I've been on. You should only post in places your character has a reason to be. So, for example, no 1st years are to post in Hogsmeade. They wouldn't be there. Or in other houses dorms. Some common sense is required when deciding where to post.

Minimum word count and post content.

I would expect all post to be at least 50 - 100 words long. That isn't a minimum, I've seen sites with 300 words minimum. Try to be as descriptive as possible, discribing your characters thoughts and actions in as much detail as possible. It gives the other person more chance of being to give a good reply.

Groups threads.

In group threads, it's best to follow a posting pattern of for example: Person one posts, person 2 goes next, and person 3 goes next, then 1, then 2, then 3. This is so no one gets left behind.

A good thing to remember also is that a thread with more then 5 or 6 replies is probably ethier winding down, or is getting into the swing of it. Read the posts and decide if your character will actually enchance the role play occuring.

THESE ARE NOT RP RULES. THEY ARE SIMPLY ADVICE TO HELP WITH THE OVERALL ENJOYMENT OF THE ROLE PLAY. THEY ARE HOWEVER, FOLLOWED BY NEARLY ALL EXPERIENCED FORUM ROLE PLAYERS.

Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsalive.rpg-board.net

Role playing advice.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Alive :: Out of character :: Site information :: Rules-
Jump to: